|C006||October 21, 2018 - October 25, 2018||Dubai – UAE||3950||
|C006||November 24, 2018 - November 29, 2018||Cairo - EGYPT||1000||
- Participants will learn:
- How representative samples are collected using automatic and manual methods.
- About the test methods available for obtaining the data necessary to determine quantity for custody transfer purposes and conformance to expected quality .
- How to evaluate the commodity for assessing handling and processing characteristics, especially opportunity crude oil.
- The challenges facing refiners and analysts as crude oil streams become heavier, and higher in sulfur and acid content.
- Understand how sampling is used to monitor for compliance with regulations for water and wastewater effluent.
- Understand common sampling methods and procedures including grab samples, composite samples, and automatic sampler tools, and how to determine which procedure is appropriate based on the circumstance, including routine bacteriological sampling, full chemical analysis, sampling for THMs, influent sampling, primary clarifier sampling, mixed liquor sampling, and monitoring well sampling.
- Calculate the area, volume and time required to flush tanks and pipes.
- Laboratory technicians and chemists responsible for the analysis of crude oil samples for quantity and quality purposes .
- Refinery personnel responsible for evaluating crude oil to determine their processing characteristics .
- Operating (field) personnel responsible for collecting samples will also benefit from a better understanding of how test results are directly dependent on proper sample collection and handling .
- Traders and buyers involved in sale, purchase, or exchanges of crude oil.
- Technicians & operators in a water treatment or water distribution system, an operator in a wastewater treatment facility, or responsible for water or effluent quality.
- Introduction to crude oil testing .
- Crude Oil Routine Test :
- APT gravity .
- water cut .
- BS &W.
- Asphalt content .
- wax content .
- Viscosity & Yield point .
- salt content .
- Crude oil Assay .
- Waxy crude oil testing equipments :
- Pour & cloud point test .
- Wax crystallization temperature equipment .
- Pipe loop test .
- Rheology test .
- Wax deposition test .
- Heavy crude oil testing equipments :
- Asphalt /Resins ratio .
- Asphalt deposition test .
- GLC test .
- Viscosity –temperature curve .
- Quality Variations and Their Causes .
- The Complexities of Crude Oil Composition.
- Sampling Protocols .
- Sampling Containers and Sample Integrity .
- Inspection Analysis (Cursory Assay) .
- Comprehensive Analysis (Full Assay)
- Basics of Crude Oil Processing Evaluation .
- ASTHMA Crude Oil Inter laboratory Crosscheck Program
- Other Important Crude Oil Properties .
- Future Needs in Crude Oil Characterization .
- Challenges Presented to the Analyst by Heavier, Higher Sulfur Feedstock and Opportunity Crude Oils .
- Future analytical Test Method Requirements.
- Strategies For Water Quality Assessment
- The water quality assessment process
- Typical water quality monitoring programmes
- Design of assessment programmes
- Implementation of water quality assessment programmes
- Data processing
- Data quality control
- Interpretation and dissemination of data
- Selection Of Water Quality Variables :
- Hydrological variables
- General variables
- Organic matter
- Major ions
- Other inorganic variables
- Organic contaminants
- Microbiological indicators
- Selection of variables
- Summary and recommendations
- Corrosion Technology :
- Corrosion theory.
- Corrosion identification & methods of control.
- Material selection and design
- Protective coating, paint, metallic.
- Tapes and cementicous.
- Cathodic protection, theory and practice.
- Corrosion – Theory, Identification & Method of Control :
- What is corrosion?
- What is the cost of industry?
- How dose it take place?
- What drives the corrosion process?
- What are the distinct types of corrosion?
- What methods can we use to control it?
- The session includes a number of practice demonstrations of the corrosion process and some actual case studies.
- Material Selection and Corrosion Design :
- Examples of corrosion resistant materials are detailed.
- Weathering steels, stainless steel, naval brass and other alloys are discussed.
- The design of structure for corrosion mitigation is examined.
- The session includes some case studies and practical experiments.
English & Arabic
10% in case of Three P. (or more)