|T001||October 2, 2022 - October 6, 2022||Online||$ 1500||
|T001||January 1, 2023 - January 5, 2023||Dubai – UAE||$ 3500||
|T001||April 2, 2023 - April 6, 2023||Sharm El-Sheikh||$ 3500||
|T001||July 2, 2023 - July 6, 2023||Istanbul||$ 3500||
- By the end of this Course participants will be able to:
- Understand the operation and construction of AC electrical motors and the electrical drives based on modern electronics technology.
- Be able to explain their characteristics and the need to match various load needs.
- Become more confident on how to maintain both motors and drives following well-established industrial procedures as outlined in standards.
- Become familiar with troubleshooting methods for both motors and drives following methodologies that have been developed by manufacturers in order to reduce downturn time dramatically.
- Learn how to utilize single-line drawings, and other documentation to successfully perform commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting of both motors and drives.
- Become exposed to industrial standards and case studies so that to be able to apply this knowledge in the industrial plant as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Electrical and mechanical engineers.
- Technicians and plant operations and maintenance personnel.
- Supervisors, team leaders and professionals in maintenance engineering departments.
- Anyone who wishes to update their knowledge on one of the most important equipment combination, i.e. motor/drive and how to get the best of their trouble-free operation in the plant.
- Introduction and Course overview.
- AC Motors
- Discussion – Goals
- Introduction to magnetics, excitation and the generation of back emf.
- Fundamentals of rotating machines theory, AC motors and their construction, rotor slip and principles of operation, equivalent circuit, torque-speed characteristics, motoring and regenerative region of operation, efficiency, inertia, horsepower, power factor.
- Single-phase and three-phase AC motors, types of single-phase motors, split-phase and capacitor.
- Starting of induction motors and associated techniques, accelerating.
- Speed control requirements of AC motors and load matching.
- Basic principles of AC Variable-Speed Drives (VSD’s), constant torque region, constant power (extended speed) region, four quadrant operation.
- Power semiconductors, diode, thyristor (SCR), IGBT, MOSFET, GTO and others.
- Inverters, voltage-source and current-source, pulse width modulated (PWM) inverters.
- Two-level pulse width modulated inverter, DC link energy and capacitor sizing, regeneration or dynamic slowdown, dynamic breaking, regeneration.
- PWM waveforms and analysis, effects of PWM on motor bearings and insulation and life expectancy, volts/Hertz control, start up and operation, dynamics, PWM rectifier inverter systems.
- Switching transients, harmonics and power factor.
- AC drive line power factor, effect of AC input on drive operation, switching transients, insulation voltage stress, motor winding voltage distribution, radiated and conducted electromagnetic interferences (EMI), EMI filtering.
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Motors
- Characteristics of motors, enclosures and cooling methods, application data, design characteristics, insulation of AC motors.
- Failures in three-phase stator windings, predictive maintenance, motor troubleshooting, diagnostic testing for motors.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of AC motors, routine care, dirt and corrosion, lubrication, heat, noise and vibration, insulation.
- Slow acceleration or refusal to starting of an AC motor, overheating and noise making of the motor, running of bearings at high temperature or making noise.
- Standards and testing.
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Drives
- Converter failures, common failure modes, fault current limit, device explosion rating, device application, thyristor failures and testing, identification of failed thyristor and diode, testing of thyristor and diode.
- Reversing circuits for single-phase and three-phase AC motors, finding open and short-circuit, detection of AC motor symptoms.
- Preventative maintenance, approaches, guidelines and scheduling, checking, dynamic and static inspections, detecting phase unbalances, loss of phases, and phase reversal.
- Protection of Motors and Drives
- Protection of AC motors, requirements, overload protection, currents during starting and stalled point, operation of motors under three-phase unbalanced power supply, motor de-rating due to unbalanced currents, stator and rotor protection, single-phase over-current relays, phase unbalance relays, faults in stator and rotor windings, earth faults, phase-to-phase faults, modern relay design and applications, protection targeting AC synchronous motors, over-voltage and under-frequency protection.
- Fuses, circuit breakers, magnetic and thermal, overload, eutectic, bimetal and solid-state, others.
- Motor protection curves, back-up protection.
- Protection of inverters and electronic converters driving motors.
- Case studies, selection and design of systems and their protection.
- Course summary.
- Great Discount for companies and governmental Organizations .
- All programs are held in five star hotels .
- All lecturers have sufficient knowledge and experience to implement the programs at an optimal level .
- Large package of services is offered to the participants .
10% in case of Three P. (or more)
Course FileDownload Now!