|IS007||August 20, 2023 - August 24, 2023||Online||USD 1900||
|IS007||November 12, 2023 - November 16, 2023||Berlin||USD 5100||
|IS007||January 7, 2024 - January 11, 2024||Dubai – UAE||USD 5100||
- Explaining and demonstrating the data archiving concept .
- Gaining an understanding, how to reduce the size of database tables.
- Planning and implementing a data archiving project .
- Complete a database design using a modeling tool.
- Forward engineering a database from a logical model.
- Extract, transform and load data & employ key performance indicators.
- Extract, transform and load operational data.
- Apply dimensional modeling of the business process to evaluate data.
- Profile data to ensure source data quality.
Database administrators, data architects, IT managers, information architects, BI developers, report writers and business analysts, anyone interested in implementing a data Archiveing solution in their organization, and those who need to reengineer an existing data Archiveing ,Data Consultant/Manager , System Administrator, anyone interested in implementing a data Archiveing solution in their organization
- Introduction and course overview.
- Basic Principles of Data Archiving :
- Understand Data Archiving and Its role in your system
- Determine the positioning of data archiving in SAP solutions
- Differentiate between data archiving and document storage .
- The Archiving Object and its Customizing :
- Describe and display the mandatory and optional components of an archiving object
- Describe the use of transactions SARA and AOBJ
- Maintain file names and file paths
- Maintain storage folders if you want to store archive files in a storage system
- Perform cross-archiving-object customizing
- Perform archiving-object-specific customizing
- Name possible variants in Data Archiving
- Maintain document, account and index life for FI_DOCUMNT
- Maintain residence times for SD archiving objects
- Describe how to use user exits for SD archiving objects
- Describe the necessary Customizing settings for the ArchiveLink interface
- Target an existing content repository using the SAP CMS interface
- Data Assignment to Archiving Objects
- Determine the critical tables using “size” and “growth”
- Assign an archiving object to a table
- Choose one suitable archiving object from several that can be assigned
- Describe dependencies between archiving objects
- Use the network graphic to display archiving sequences
- Identify business, technical and legal considerations in data archiving
- Use transaction TAANA to determine appropriate selection criteria
- Use transaction TAANA to determine appropriate archiving objects
- Data Archiving Transaction :
- Carry out functions in transaction .
- Schedule archiving jobs
- Maintain variants
- Describe both sides of the authorization check
- Monitor archiving jobs
- Display and interpret logs
- Interpret data archiving statistics
- Describe the procedure for errors and restart scenarios
- Describe how management data is structured
- Archive management data
- Interpret the status of archiving sessions
- Store archive files
- List possible external storage media
- Describe the connection between data archiving and system performance
- Describe the meaning and the requirements of a long-term archiving plan
- Archived Data Retrieval
- List the options for accessing archived data
- Display archived documents directly from the standard display transactions
- Access archived documents using special read programs
- Describe the functions available in the SAP R/3 Enterprise release and in earlier releases
- Understand the reload function in the context of accessing archived data
- Describe the components and the usage areas of the Archive Information System
- Create or adapt an archive information structure
- Build an archive information structure
- Search for a document directly using the Archive Information System and displaying it in a technical view
- Describe the Document Relationship Browser (DRB) and its purpose
- Use roles in the Document Relationship Browser or personalize its functions
- Define and explain the purpose of the Data Retention Tool (DART)
- Describe the connection between data archiving and DART
- Describe which data DART saves in its extract files and how
- Explain why you need views of DART extracts
- Course summary.
10% in case of Three P. (or more)