|IS006||July 23, 2023 - July 27, 2023||Dubai – UAE||USD 5100||
|IS006||October 1, 2023 - October 5, 2023||Online||USD 1900||
|IS006||January 21, 2024 - January 25, 2024||Istanbul||USD 5100||
- This Course reveals the most important aspects of leading and managing a world-class, strategically aligned IT Business.
- From aligning IT projects with corporate strategy to defining value and performance measurement, knowing when to adopt new technologies, from team building and finding and keeping the right people, to planning and budgeting, you will learn the keys to strategically align your IT services with professional, world class, proven techniques.
- IT professionals from both technical and management backgrounds — including those who oversee IT operations, networks/systems and IT projects would benefit from this seminar.
- It will be of particular value to technical professionals who have been–or are about to be–promoted to a IT management position and experienced professionals who are new to the technical environment.
- Introduction and Course overview.
- Leading and Managing the IT Business
- Understand the challenges of the IT manager
- How to value IT services
- Communicate IT value to upper management, peers and end-users.
- Understand the responsibilities of the IT team leader.
- Managing Technology
- Understand the Strategy for Managing Existing Technology
- Know when to develop and adopt New Technologies
- Be Aware of how to manage assets effectively.
- Using Influence
- Understand the different types of influential power.
- Be aware of the various influence strategies
- Select the most effective influence strategy for the situation
- Understanding negotiations, tactics and techniques.
- Use influence effectively to thrive as an IT manager
- Strategic Decision Making
- Apply strategic decision making
- Recognizing strategic decisions and initiatives.
- Apply strategic decision making to vendor selection
- Understand when to outsource
- Developing the IT Strategic Plan and Budget
- Using the mission as an IT driver
- Defining the customer profile
- understanding the partnership model
- Creating a strategic plan
- Planning and budgeting issues
- Managing IT Quality
- Understanding the importance of managing by process
- Understand the definitions of quality
- Applying maturity models
- Using process management
- Applying international standards
- Building the IT Management Team
- Evaluating IT performance and metrics
- Understanding delegation and motivation
- Team building
- Managing the management team and stakeholders.
- IT Project Management
- The Importance of Project Management
- Defining Project Manager talents and skills
- Understanding the principles of Project Management
- IT Performance Metrics
- Developing a measurement strategy
- Creating a “Best Practices” based organization
- Deploy metrics
- Managing by facts and results
- Integrate metrics into the strategic plan
- Common Pitfalls and Lessons Learned
- Balancing technical and corporate requirements
- Balancing tactical and strategic decisions
- Evaluating new and existing technologies
- Balancing management styles and culture.
- Course summary.
10% in case of Three P. (or more)