|OG010||October 16, 2022 - October 20, 2022||Online||$ 1500||
|OG010||January 8, 2023 - January 19, 2023||Istanbul||$ 5000||
|OG010||June 4, 2023 - June 15, 2023||London||$ 5000||
|OG010||July 23, 2023 - July 27, 2023||Online||$ 1500||
- The course covers how these machines work on process, mechanical aspects, wear, lubrication and troubleshooting by vibration analysis and other techniques.
- The course provides participants with knowledge for inspecting and monitoring compressors, and details how to make fault detections and diagnoses. Emphasis is placed upon the importance of a combined condition monitoring and strip-down inspection approach to maintenance.
- Extensive use is made of case study material to underline the key aspects of the course and to give the delegates exposure to current best practice.
- Be knowledgeable about the type of compressors and systems .
- Be aware of system design considerations in compressed air generation and distribution .
- Be able to comprehend the principle components, basic operation, and safety considerations associated with air compressors and compressed air systems.
- Use P&ID, wiring, schematic, and installation detail drawings to install, calibrate, and verify proper operation of instruments .
- Explain methods for reducing electrical hazards including intrinsically safe installation .
- Describe the trend toward using field bus systems and personal computers in process control .
- Understand the relevance of ISO 9000 standards to maintenance practices and procedures .
This course is intended for engineers, supervisory SNR Foremen Mechanical Maintenance and technical staff involved in the maintenance and inspection of Process Gas compressors.
- Maintenance Concepts & Control.
- Overview of Gas Compressors :
- Types of Off Gas Compressors.
- Cost of ownership.
- Maintenance Theories and Strategies:
- Breakdown, Preventive & Proactive Strategies.
- Detection, Analysis, Correction & Verification, RCA .
- Centrifugal Compressors Operation :
- Compressors material selecting and testing.
- Installation & Commissioning.
- Compressors start-up and testing.
- Pressure, Head, Flow & Compressor Curves.
- Minimum flow protection.
- Compressor capacity control.
- Centrifugal Compressor Maintenance :
- Centrifugal Compressor Maintenance.
- Mechanical seals.
- Couplings and Alignment.
- Causes of failure.
- Compressors Maintenance Philosophy.
- Maintenance & Troubleshooting.
- Duty/Standby change-over philosophy.
- Centrifugal and Axial Compressors Construction:
- Compressor installation.
- Lube and Seal oil systems.
- Compressor shaft seals – Mechanical & Dry Gas Seals.
- Tilt-Pad Bearings.
- Compressor commissioning & Control :
- Compressor start-up and testing.
- Compressor performance.
- Compressor capacity control & anti-surge protection.
- Compressor Maintenance :
- Effect of fouling.
- Overhaul Philosophy.
- Operation and Maintenance of Cryogenic Expanders.
- Reciprocating Compressors & Gas Turbines Reciprocating Compressors :
- Types of Reciprocating compressors.
- Valves and unloaders.
- Piston and rings.
- Piston packings.
- Capacity control.
- Overhaul philosophy.
- Effect of Gas Quality on operation.
- Electric Motor Drives :
- Types of Electric Motor.
- Start-up and testing.
- Operating profile.
- AC supply systems.
- Component parts.
- Repair of components.
- Troubleshooting & Fault Diagnosis :
- Condition monitoring, vibration, thermography, oil analysis, ultrasound.
- Performance monitoring.
- Lubrication – Hydrodynamic (Fluid Film) & Elastohydrodynamic (Rolling Element).
- Bearing types & selection.
- Failure Analysis :
- Overview of API RP 571.
- Fatigue and fracture.
- Corrosion & Material loss mechanisms.
- Trouble Shooting & Predictive Maintenance.
- Vibration Analysis :
- Vibration concepts
- On-line/Off-line monitoring.
- Frequency analysis.
- Diagnosis of Rotating Unbalance:
- What is rotating unbalance? Causes.
- Types of Unbalanced = Single plane, Couple & Dynamic .
- Diagnosis of unbalance.
- Eccentricity of rotating components.
- Forces associated with unbalance.
- Types of balancing & balancing machines.
- Recommend vibration and balance tolerance.
- Diagnosing Misalignment :
- Different types misalignment = Parallel (offset), Angular, Combined.
- Diagnosis and Repair.
- Alignment techniques.
- Diagnosis of Gear problems :
- Different types of Gears.
- Gear Mesh Frequencies.
- Tooth wear/load.
- Misalignment/Eccentricity of gears.
- Significance of gear sidebands.
- Diagnosis Mechanical looseness problems.
- FFT vibration symptoms.
- Diagnosis Belt problems :
- Detecting worn or damaged belts/pulleys.
- Misaligned or eccentric pulleys.
- Diagnosing Bearing Problems (Fluid Film & Rotating Element) :
- Mounting & Removal, Fits & Tolerances.
- Life of Bearings, Failure Modes – Diagnosis & Repair .
- Stages of defects.
- Examples of Failed Bearings, How bearings fail.
- Inspection & Monitoring.
- Course summary.
- Great Discount for companies and governmental Organizations .
- All programs are held in five star hotels .
- All lecturers have sufficient knowledge and experience to implement the programs at an optimal level .
- Large package of services is offered to the participants .
10% in case of Three P. (or more)
Course FileDownload Now!