|OG020||August 27, 2023 - August 31, 2023||Online||USD 1900||
|OG020||November 12, 2023 - November 16, 2023||London||USD 5100||
|OG020||February 25, 2024 - February 29, 2024||Dubai – UAE||USD 5100||
- After attending participants will :
- Have sound working knowledge of Inspection methods as well as corrosion issues.
- Be able to identify the various types of corrosion.
- Be able to identify the causes and driving factors of the corrosion.
- Be able to determine the most practical method of mitigating the corrosion in the refining industry.
- Be able to develop work procedures for inspection and corrosion control.
- Be able to identify and recommend alternative in structural design to minimize corrosion.
- Have a good working knowledge of cathodic protection.
- Have a good appreciation of material selection as a method of corrosion control in Oil & Gas industry.
- Have a good working knowledge of protective coatings for corrosion control.
- Be able to monitor the effectiveness of the corrosion control process.
- Pipeline Engineers
- Pipeline Maintenance Engineers
- Pipeline Specialists
- Pipeline Integrity Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Corrosion Engineers and Specialists
- Maintenance Engineers
- Inspection Engineers and Specialists
- Introduction and course overview.
- Corrosion theory and types
- Fundamentals of corrosion theory
- The different types of corrosion
- Corrosion in gas processing facilities
- Corrosion in water injection systems
- Forms of corrosion occurring in the chemical and oil and gas industries.
- Major causes of corrosion (O2, CO2, H2S, microbiologically influenced corrosion)
- Types of pipelines corrosion
- Uniform or general corrosion
- Crevice corrosion
- Intergranular corrosion
- Erosion Corrosion
- Environment-induced cracking
- Fluid Hydrodynamics and its importance in Internal Corrosion
- Severity of Stress-Corrosion Cracks in Pipelines
- Stress-corrosion cracks
- In-line inspections of pipelines
- Determination/Control of Internal Flows and Flow Accelerated Corrosion
- Effect of flow on corrosion
- Evaluating of corrosion inhibitors
- Important Parameters for The Assessment of Flow accelerated Corrosion
- Corrosion Mitigation (e.g. Corrosion Inhibitor)
- Types and classification of pipeline defect
- Defects: main localities of pipeline failures and loss of integrity
- Basics of pipeline monitoring
- Typical pipeline maintenance optimization problems
- Optimal cessation of pipeline performance
- Optimal interval between inspections
- Optimal times for pipeline repair
- Internal Corrosion Protection (RK)
- Internal Coatings
- Internal Corrosion Protection
- Cost Effectiveness
- Limitations of Monitoring for Internal Corrosion
- Formulate and implement maintenance plans to minimise internal pipeline corrosion
- Latest technologies to tackle harsh and demanding conditions, corrosion sampling, monitoring and measurement
- Integration of corrosion technology in existing systems
- Learn about internal corrosion mechanisms responsible for premature failures in pipeline systems
- Understand the correct application of inspection tools and techniques and their relevance to a specific operation
- Causes of Pipeline Failure
- Failure statistics and the relative causes of pipeline failures
- Manufacturing defects
- Construction defects
- Failure modes and how pipelines fail (ductile/brittle fracture)
- Crack propagation
- Introduction to external and internal corrosion (including microbiological induced corrosion)
- Environmentally induced cracking (SCC)
- Inspection, Assessment and Maintenance
- Inspection Strategies Plans and Procedures – Risk Based Inspection
- Developing an RBI Plan
- Fitness-For-Service Assessment
- NDT Methods and Techniques
- Probability of Detection
- Damage Characterization
- Selecting the correct technique(s)
- Pigging of Pipelines
- Smart pigging
- Operational procedures.
- Corrosion control in pipeline
- Pipe line material selection
- Alternation of environment
- Proper Design
- Cathodic protection
- Anodic protection
- Coating & Wrapping
- Course summary.
10% in case of Three P. (or more)