|P018||August 27, 2023 - August 30, 2023||Online||USD 1900||
|P018||November 12, 2023 - November 16, 2023||Dubai – UAE||USD 5100||
|P018||February 25, 2024 - February 29, 2024||Bangkok||USD 5100||
- Learn the principles of Warehouse Management .
- Evaluate current procedures .
- Examine operations and activities .
- Analyze the key areas of operations .
- Identify and Understand key performance indicators .
- Succeed in improving operations .
- Improve personal productivity .
- This Course is for all individuals who have a stake in the Supply Chain and all Logistics, Materials, Inventory, Stock, Warehouse and Distribution Professionals .
- It will also help those who need to develop their limited understanding about Warehouse and Inventory management .
- It will be especially helpful to all those who are looking to make business gains and benefits and to any owners, operators and directors of companies with warehouse and stores operations and who hold stock and inventory
- Introduction and course overview.
- The Role of the Warehouse :
- Why we need a warehouse?
- What functions they cover?
- How do they fit into the supply chain ؟
- The balance between sorting and storing
- 12 initial questions to ask about warehousing activity .
- Product Classification :
- Supply /demand variables
- ABC Analysis or the 80/20 rule
- Determining product handling groups
- Throughputs and product formats
- Layout Options :
- Receiving options
- Storage options
- Picking/assembly options
- Dispatching options
- Using the floor and the height space .
- Organising for flow .
- Methods and Equipment :
- Warehouse structures
- Loading bays
- Selecting fork lift trucks
- Selecting racking
- Implications for warehouse layouts
- Operational timings and planning
- Health and Safety :
- Duty of care
- Inspections and risk assessments-task analysis
- Equipment maintenance and care
- Raising people’s awareness
- Security and Loss :
- Minimizing internal theft
- Minimizing external theft
- Preventative measures will be briefly discussed.
- Productivity and Costs
- Fixed and variable cost
- Typical costs involved
- A model for understanding the roles of productivity, utilisation, and performance
- Setting productivity and cost targets
- The importance of having measurements and key indications of performance
- Service Levels
- Internal and external customers
- The three key customer service measure
- Customer service sampling
- Effects of substandard service
- Minimising errors
- Stock Coding
- Different methods
- Understanding of all involved
- Checklists to help on deciding the best option
- Stock Recording
- Separation of powers
- Legal issues
- How do we get inaccuracies?
- Stock Checking
- Roles and responsibility
- Job Descriptions
- Authority levels
- Tolerances and approvals
- Course summary.
10% in case of Three P. (or more)